For those of you who don’t know, I’m a born and bred East Coast girl. When I left Manhattan to move to LA, I temporarily forgot how fucking amazing my New York, all-black wardrobe was. This winter, I was randomly inspired to bring it back (no joke, thanks to red carpet publicists and their work outfits).
I LOVE this little all black number.
Something like this works for so many different occasions, which is why it rocks. You could pull it off at work, a holiday party, a night out, dinner, wherever. It works whether you’re in a hot place like LA or on the East Coast (love that it’s warm but still has enough openings to make you cool if you’re at a party or something). I also love that you could wear the pieces separately with other outfits. And it’s just one of those looks that makes you feel good.
Tight enough to show your figure but is still forgiving when you’re five trays of hors d’oeuvres in, know what I’m saying?
And I’m not usually about the hottest trends, but I would be damned if winter 2017 passed me by without a pair of thigh high black boots in my possession. Obsessed.
Here are the pieces (and some lookalikes):
1. TOP: Saks Off Fifth, ruffled cashmere cold shoulder top
2. SKIRT: They don’t have it anymore (it’s a few years old), but it’s AQUA from Bloomingdale’s (obsessed with this brand)
Here’s a lookalike: Bloomingdale’s
3. BOOTS: Saks Off Fifth, Dolce Vita Over-The-Knee
4. WATCH: Michael Kors, Oversized Bradshaw Rose Gold (this is a staple, wear it with SO many outfits)
5. GOLD HOOPS: Saks Off Fifth
Go off and thrive in your all black everything.